View Single Post
Old 08-09-19, 01:30 AM   #33
MrNishino
Watch

Downloads: 41
Uploads: 0

Success!! (Sort of).

Since I have no idea about how Wine runs or where it's installed or anything about this stuff (and computers in general) at all, I downloaded Wine off WineHQ and installed in a logical location. In order for it to run, it requires XQuartz also installed.

Well, well, well, the 4gb Patch didn't work, but LAA did. And it did indeed modify the SH4 exe. And SH4 FOTRS indeed appears to be functional. It does not appear to freeze up - I ran Battle off Samar, which had previously killed it instantly and it seems to be ok. That said, the performance is not exactly impressive and not confidence inspiring. Good enough to play, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it freeze up every so often either. It'll need more testing.

Knowing that Wine and LAA do indeed work, I'm thinking that I could try to a reinstall this weekend not using the porting kit I had used, just to see if that could improve the performance. I also am curious how it compares with a Windows install.

And then of course there's the open question about what happens when the newest Mac OS comes out in the next couple months.

Thank you once again Gentlemen!

Last edited by MrNishino; 08-09-19 at 01:39 AM.
MrNishino is offline   Reply With Quote