View Single Post
Old 11-08-18, 11:20 AM   #3
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Private data is the currency of the dawning future. And it also is a treasure that promises an ammount of power without checks and balances that it is utmost frightening.

Also AI's doing automatic decision-forming of any kind on basis of such data, is a problem, and a big danger due to faulty and errors. And such errors happen. Ypou can see it every da yin social networks when autopmatized censoring occurs - and often deletes pointless "offences". In Germany, some weeks agao facebook oroiginally banned an advert for Marc Chagall exhibition in a Münster museum. The AI said it was obscenety violating rules of use of FB. They had to manually intervene to overrule it.

Abuse by monopolised corproations. Political abuse. Abuse by insurrers. Abuse by employers. Abuse by faulty future prediction models. The options for abuse are literally endless.

Only fools without imagination think this is a harmless thing that can be joked about.

Respecting customer privacy threatens the very basis of many huge companies' business models. That should tell everybody how much trust to invest into treaties, laws and promises that they will respect privacy.

I trust them not at all. Not one bit. And whenever they tell me they care for data protection and respect my privacy, I flatten my ears and bare my teeth, for I know that I just got lied to.