Old 04-29-20, 09:12 AM   #6
XenonSurf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 107
Uploads: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj87 View Post
SH5 is an utterly buggy useless mess.

That's true for the stockgame yes, but not for the modded game which will play totally different.
SH3 modded is as good as a working SH5, maybe with some inferior grafics, but that also depends on the mod you chose to load.
Both SH3 and SH5 need heavy modding, in the case of SH3 you also need a Widescreen mod.
Coldwaters is a modern nuclear sub game, not a WWII related game. Cool game for sure, I enjoy it a lot.

What to recommend? But how could I possibly tell you? Go watch videos on Youtube to see if you like the games, you will also find videos about the 2 most recent WWII sub games: Wolfpack and U-Boat. All these games except SH1 are available on Steam AFAIK.

If you like super-realistic gameplay, modded SH3 (I play it with WAC mod), modded SH5 with TWoS are excellent. Wolfpack is multiplayer and single player. U-boat is more centered towards crew management. I'm currently playing SH4 (Pacific WWII with different US boats), but this game also needs heavy modding, I enjoy a lot SH4+FOtRSU; also SH4+Ralles Modpack is very good.

If you like it more simple instead, get a game like Crash Dive where you play a German boat in the Atlantic, a very good in-game tutorial to get you started quickly, the game has different diffiuculty levels, but it lacks some good features like airplaines or landscapes, a Crash Dive 2 is planned. You can also play easy with SH3 modded. Not with SH5 however (until I release my megamod for it).
Finally a hot tip: I've seen SH1 Commander Edition 1.3 as abandonware. Find and get it if it's still there, I have downloaded it just to get the English menu and voices, I cannot give the link however.

I hope this helps,

XS

Last edited by XenonSurf; 04-29-20 at 09:49 AM.
XenonSurf is offline   Reply With Quote