View Single Post
Old 03-05-21, 09:39 AM   #2825
Macgregor the Hammer
Chief

Downloads: 535
Uploads: 1

"The Add-In mods were removed for two reasons, #1 being that we wanted a "clean" base-mod to find all of the issues we introduced with the previous and latest updates. #2 was due to about 1/2 of the mods no longer being compatible, due to a few changes in the rest of the mod, including the menu_1024_768.ini file. Anything to do with that file is not compatible, which were the 399 mods in v1.24. We have not had a chance to run through those and make the minor changes for them yet, but rest assured that anything we had before, we will once again, along with a few more. What you do yourself to a mod once we release it, is all up to you, the player, but we cannot help then when it comes to issues encountered. Now, 452_MoonlightzSonarLine and 901_Strategic_Map_Symbols are most likely compatible still. Bigger Better Protractors is part of the base-mod, but mods like 454_EasyAOB_FotRSU are older versions, and most likely not 100% compatible. Any other mod from any other author, including the Webster's mod, would not be compatible with FotRSU, as good as those mods are. Webster's mods are built for Stock, not FotRSU. As an example, if you use Webster's "Missing Voices", you overwrite a lot of work that CapnScurvy and I did to "fix" repeated voices, as well as some of the missing voices. Therefore, it is not recommended to add anything that is not numbered by the FotRSU team, which helps in designating what can be used with what. A like number (such as 399) indicates that only ONE of those mods can be used, not all of them. The use of anything else will be at the player's risk."

PB-
This is a well presented arguement. I think for myself, I have a mindset that anything from Ubi is generally broken and won't work except with mods!! I've forgotten that Fall of the Rising Sun comes from the mod team who are trying to develop the best simulation experience they can. I also had to look at my mindset and many of the mods I choose are more 'cheats' than enhancements. This mod soup we end up is turns out like the The old lady who swallowed the fly...

I'm going to give 1.39 and Nippon Maru a shot. Maybe I can give some solid feedback. I really anxious to see the changes in the radar.

Now, a install question: is 1.39 an upgrade from 1.24 or a stand alone expansion.? That really wasn't clear in the install notes.

Thanks for all your work.....