View Single Post
Old 03-04-22, 02:15 AM   #5245
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldDynamic View Post
I've been getting comfortable with SH4 after being a long-time SH3 player, and I've been reading old patrol logs and the background history of the American sub campaign and decided to write a patrol log in the style of the "narrative" reports that were forwarded to command after a patrol was completed.

I left out a few sections which were standard in this style of log, namely miles steamed, days on station and the fire control data for each attack as I forgot to log these initially and didn't want to restart the patrol - I'll remember for next time.

There are likely a few minor errors but I hope it's an enjoyable read nonetheless. I'm just playing FOTRS without too many extras at this stage, it's a bit of fun getting creative with the photos and making it look like a typewriter-written report as it would have been in the 1940s.

Played at 98% realism, external camera off but left map contacts on while I still learn the ins and outs. I left the images full size for the best resolution, just zoom your browser out to 60-80% if the scrolling takes to long.

This career assumes USS Sawfish returned from the boat’s second war patrol earlier than the historical date of June 1943 and places it's return in May of that year, and that the historical skipper of Sawfish at this time, Lt. Cmdr E.T Sands, was transferred - therefore command of Sawfish is taken up by the fictional Lt. Cmdr J.P Salinger by June 1943 for the third war patrol.

Well done and welcome to the Pacific The photos in black and white and the report in the style it is, look great.

Not sure if you've discovered this site, but this is where I read he patrol reports (link below) . Great resource and interesting to read.

https://www.hnsa.org/manuals-documen...atrol-reports/

Look forward to the next report.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote