View Single Post
Old 09-08-19, 06:51 AM   #30
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapuhy View Post
That'd be a bummer... on the bright side, she doesn't have any trouble using Y-gun - in test mission it was scary good at locating me with ASDIC and then making a precision DC drop on my head.
That's good, if the Y gun works on your boat I don't see why other types of DC throwers wouldn't do the same

Quote:
That's with SH5 Y-gun though. SH4 and 3 Y-guns don't work, not just on my ship but on any imported ship in TWoS. I tried all kind of things with them and got nowhere.
I had a look into SH5's Y gun and I compared it with the one from SHIV. Apparently, the they have slightly differente file structures:

in SHIV:
  • Node - YGun (3D model: the base of the thrower with arm #1)

• Node - YGun02 (3D model: arm #2)
      • Node - YGun_barrel02 (3D model: DC #2)

• Node - YGun_barrel01 (3D model: DC #1)

in SH5:
  • Bone - Y Gun (3D model: the base of the thrower with arm #1)
    • Bone - barrel_01 (3D model: none)
    • Bone - YGun_barrel01 (3D model: DC #1)

• Bone - YGun02
      • Bone - YGun_barrel02 (3D model: DC #2)
      • Bone - barrel_02 (3D model: none)

Marked in bold are the nodes whose name is specified in the 'Barrel' field of the wpn_KGun controller for both games. As you can see, SH5's Y guns have a couple of extra dummy bones over SHIV ones. I don't know for sure why they are there (at first I thought they are used for determining the throwing directions, but obviously that's not the case since they have no rotation data), but they might be essential for SH5 being able to trigger its DC projectors.

Quote:
As for damage model, I used an already imported ship in TWoS for template file, so she does sink, burn and even capsize, just in wrong way. I'll just remake all spheres/boxes to fit her dimensions and internal compartments.
Okay, for a small unit as your launch, that task shouldn't be too complicated

Quote:
By the way, is there a way to check if the ship has correct dimensions in game?
Not a very accurate one, but...

Quote:
I set the draft at 1,47 meters, but torpedoes launched at 1,0 and 1,2 meter depth went under her hull - I'm not sure whether it's faulty torpedoes, wave motion or wrong dimensions.
...one unit of length in most 3D editing programs is equal to ten meters in the SH world. Knowing that, you can place a mark on your unit near the desired/expected waterline and see what's happening in game. You can even draw draft marks near the bow of your boat, but when you set the testing mission, don't forget to set the cargo of your unit to none, and wind speed to zero, as both factors might affect ships draught in game
gap is offline   Reply With Quote