Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

Ok, so I can keep track.

Here are the implemented changes for v1.03:

Multipurpose Torpedo Balancing:

ADCAP--Given 60kts max speed.

UGST--Given 27nm max range.

Wakehoming Torpedos--DB flags and mission priorities changed to limit use to identified surface ships (to prevent AI from firing vs. submerged contacts, you may still set the depth how you like and the torpedo will follow all wakes to target, regardless of type).

Launched Anti-Torpedo CM's--effectiveness has been changed to 33% (up from 30%, I like the neat 1/3).

Launched Anti-Missile CM's--effectivness changed to 25% (credit Mau, 25% indeed seems like a generally acceptable value and you are the one who brought up the wind thing earlier! I had thrown the 40% out as a starting point anyway...).

MAD/SAD

MAD--sensors have had max detection depth reduced from -3000ft to a realistic -1000.ft

SAD--sensors have had max detection depth reduced from -3000ft to a realistic -750ft. Minimum detection depth has been increased from -50ft to -30ft. Note: the only difference between a MAD and SAD detection in the game is the depth at which they are detected, so if I set the depths the same, the sensors would be exactly the same sensor, as the platforms only vary in MAD characteristic, and have no separate SAD characteristic).

AI MAD--AI platforms do not have a separate MAD/SAD detector. Previously, they had been set to detect from 0 to -3000ft. In order to permit realistic evasion tactics from MAD equipped AI air platforms, I have set the AI MAD sensor to have SAD chacteristics (have fun under those funky sounding cargo ships!).

To be resolved:

--The Readme will be changed to make it clear that missile transients will not produce a TIW warning (credits to Bellman and Fish).

--The two stage ss-n-27 needs to be looked at closely and may be temporarily removed until set to work completely as planned.

--Minor changes to missile doctrine to improve launch characteristics.

--Variable Torpedo seeker modeling by quality and performance.

--Submarine passive sound levels may be adjusted to more realistic levels.

I am waiting to hear back from Amizaur about a few things. We may release what we've got now as I think it is very solid and we are confident it is virtually new-bug free, except for the possible doctrine issues with two stage ss-n-27.