Old 03-18-11, 11:05 AM   #2171
ZeeWolf
Sea Lord

Downloads: 58
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapitanDP View Post
ZeeWolf,
Ok, here goes concerning saving the control key changes in Vista. I was logged on as Administrator and then I turned off the User Account Control (UAC) through MSCONFIG and then re-booted. When you do, Vista pops up a little red shield in the task bar telling you that you have disabled the UAC so at least I had confirmation. I ran TvT clicked the "Default" setting and the keys changed. I then clicked apply and then backed out of the game. I checked the C:\Program Files\Common Files\DirectX\DirectInput\User Maps folder and it was empty.

I also tried to move the "DefaultControls.script" file from the C:\Program Files\Lighthouse Interactive\T34vTiger\Scripts\Common folder to the C:\Program Files\Common Files\DirectX\DirectInput\User Maps folder. I ran the game went into the control keys area and clicked "Default" but nothing happened.

I finally put a copy of the "DefaultControls.script" file in both folders and got the same result as in the first paragraph above. It let me change them with the "Default" button but nothing changed in the User Maps folder. The file was there but untouched.

Phew! Any other ideas just let me know...

KDP
I PM'ed frinik for his help KDP. Meanwhile there is two things that can be
checked:
1.) Do you have a Joystick?
2.) Re-install the DirecX 9C that came with the game.

I know these things can be frustrating but with out your help and the help
of the others who have worked through these issues with me the advancement made would not have been possible.

Cheers!

ZW
ZeeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote