Old 09-10-11, 11:40 AM   #63
TheDarkWraith
Black Magic

Downloads: 147
Uploads: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by privateer View Post
Not really Mate.
Even you use Pack3D to import the 3D models and by your own statements, have written some tools of your own.
You are correct there But here's the difference: instead of waiting around for someone else to do it I took matters into my own hands and made what needed to be made to do what I wanted done. Now creating these tools was not easy. It took me months, sometimes years, to make them and I had to do a lot of reading and studying up on DirectX, C++, and had to learn C# and Python. End result is I have a much better understanding of how things work under the hood of the game.
More people need to do a little learning of their own. Yes it takes time and yes it interferes with your hobbies and all but there's no excuse to not try and learn something new every day. The mind is a terrible thing to waste.

@ Anvart - yes I have an insatiable thirst for knowledge. My curiosity drives me to seek out and learn new things. I utterly hate not knowing how/why something works. I will take something apart (software, hardware, whatever) just to see the hows and whys of it. Engineer is a broad term, yes, but if you must know I'm a Nuclear engineer and an Electrical engineer by background currently working in the electrical field.
TheDarkWraith is offline   Reply With Quote