Old 07-02-09, 09:41 AM   #39
SteamWake
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mako88sb View Post
Hi Steamwake.

I found this thread a couple weeks ago and reminded me about my Dumas Stinson Voyager that I got stored up in my attic. I had no problem with the wood structure but once I got to the tissue part, I got cold feet. Then I started developing my basement so up in the attic it went. I dug it out and finished off the sanding and doping. Just need to get up enough nerve to tackle the tissue. I know you where going to showcase your technique once you got to that point but if you could give me some links or advice, I would sure appreciate it. I've got a few things telling me how to do it but I'd like to find some video of how it's done. I did search around a bit but no luck. Thanks!

Rob
Im really hoping to get some work done this weekend. Since the fuselage is mostly finished and it is the most difficult part to cover Ill try to get some pics up this weekend.

Tools you will need is scissors, a very sharp blade, and a soft pencil, a spray bottle (fine mist as possible) filled with water [some use a mix of water and alchohal], some paint brushes, and clear dope... yes dope thats what I use and some dope thinner aka acetone. Oh and a well ventilated room :rotfl: