View Single Post
Old 01-21-22, 12:28 PM   #24
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Not my intention to copsplaine anything.

What I see is every single screen shot of the video freezes the hand of the sergeant next to the lady officers throat. Along with the obligatory media narrative that he was strangling her. Image is everything so we get the public outcry followed up with a knee jerk reaction.

But looking at the video.

I saw no abuse. If the lady saw abuse it will come out in the investigation so I’m not sure why the young lady began pulling on the sergeants belt. But I imagine there are other ways to bring abuse charges besides grabbing and pulling on someone else’s gun belt during an arrest. When the sargeant whipped around it looked to me as though he was pushing the lady. Yes initially driving towards the the throat but almost immediately moved further down towards her chest area.

I do know in my training if I felt a hand on my gun other than my own I was to swing around and drive my elbow into whoever was doing it and keep at it until they let go. Then ask questions.

Give it time they’ll figure it out but I got a feeling both are going to have the hammer dropped on’em.

Wouldn’t be something if it was found out the sargeant did nothing wrong. But the young lady freaked out and like the public didn’t have all the facts and made baseless assumptions which prompted her to grab the back of sargeant belts and drag him from the vehicle. Which in turn ticked off the sargeant. Now that would be funny.

You have a fair point and I should not have said "copsplaining" as your intent does seem genuine, and perhaps from your perspective as a LEO, you are sure of your view. I admit, it is a bit baffling, pretty clear what went down in the footage. Thus, my reaction is certainly not kneejerk, I've watched it many times and can see him whip out the pepper spray, go charging in, and it appears that he sprayed the restrained suspect, who was not resisting, but not sure if actually sprayed, that bit is unclear. Certainly does appear he was at minimum about to spray a handcuffed subject, which was not called for at all. Then when the female officer, following her recent training on deescalating situations, pulls the Sergeant back, he spins around, pauses a second and grabs female officer by the throat. While he did move his hand down, he kept his hand on her and pushed her back for several seconds, even though he knew it was another cop who was behind him, he committed a battery and there is no excuse for his behavior. That is where the outcry is coming from, his behavior was out of line. This is great thing about body cameras, as the Chief said "The footage speaks for itself." I look forward to when the audio is released, although I have a feeling he said some things, that will only hurt him.

The female officer is a example of cops we need, she saw something wrong and stopped it, instead of taking no action, thin blue line all of that.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote