View Single Post
Old 08-05-15, 12:35 AM   #23
ColonelSandersLite
Captain

Downloads: 71
Uploads: 3

You know, I was getting seemingly random crashes, and then I figured out the cause. I'm not 100% sure what setting it was anymore though. Basically, the crash was caused by the game running out of memory. 2 Things:

1: Grab the 4GB of Memory patch if you don't have it already.

2: Next time you experience it, try to save in a new save slot, don't risk your last good one. Drop all the graphics settings and see if that fixes it. It may require closing the game and restarting it. If that fixes it, try bumping the settings back up one by one until you find out which setting it is exactly. If I recall, it was one or both of the terrain object settings doing this and dropping it to the half way mark or so fixed it. I know that some of you are saying it wasn't near shore, but that doesn't mean that the game isn't buffering terrain models anyways. I suspect that what happens is that the game keeps textures and models for all objects you have seen on the patrol loaded into memory.

Edit: Oh, sorry for the slight necro, but the post was still on the first page so it's not really that bad I guess.