View Single Post
Old 07-02-20, 07:55 AM   #1428
torpedobait
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 397
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havan_IronOak View Post
You're a saltier salt than me (if not an older one) but...

I agree that the SD (Air radar) should be on by default, but turning it on at the beginning of each patrol seems to do it for me. After that its on til I turn it off. I'm guessing that some folks find it to be a pain in that it slows down time compression when leaving base even if the contacts are pretty certain to be friendlies.

Seems that the SJ (Surface Radar) starts off each patrol in the off position as well.

I was told in an earlier post that the SD light can't be turned on for some reason (the developers?) That's why when you hot-key a T to get it turned on you get the message in the text area. You'll note that the Surface Radar button DOES light and they opted to NOT notify you in the text box.

As to that sound you're hearing.... Does it disappear if you adjust your speed by a knot? I know that there is a MAJOR problem with stuck sounds in the game, but that generally clears the more annoying ones for me.

Course with me it could just be the battery in my hearing aid... ;-)
You are correct regarding the SD radar. It is OFF by default at the start of a patrol. Once you turn it on with the "T" key it stays on until you turn it off again.

The SJ radar is ON by default, both at the start of a new patrol, and every time you resurface, an important point to remember, because the enemy may well track you by your radar emissions. Toggling the SJ on or off is done either by using the CTL+T keys, or going to the radar display screen and engaging the ON/OFF switch. Note that you may have to reset the radar range (and sweep?) settings after loading a saved game. The range always defaults to the shortest setting.

Run Silent, Run Deep, and Sink 'em All
torpedobait is offline   Reply With Quote