View Single Post
Old 06-13-07, 03:31 PM   #36
Rubini
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 132
Uploads: 0

Hi mates,
Hi Jaesen,

Well, well...I also come back to flight sims after SH3 and all that so long mod work on GW/GWX...lol

It's really a good surprise to find you (and all you guys ) in this same matter!
After some days on the net and looking on my old sim games I also bought CFS3 looking for its good mods. The dinamic campaing, at least good AI and easy to get in factor are the most for me. This last topic - easy to get in - is what keep me a little away from Falcon, IL2 and BOB2 until now. Perhaps some time later...Falcon 4.0 is really to much complicated for me. I haven't all the necessary free time to get in.

But before install again CFS3 I stuck in an old time (9 years now) flight sim that was the grandfather of all others dinamic campaigns and in a lot of ways yet better than all the modern ones: DID Total Air war!

It's easy to get in, fun and challenge at same time, its dinamic campaign is awesome and with the new glide wrappers (was made mainly for the old 3dfx voodoo cards) you can play it in 1600x1200 with all the settings at maximum, 6xAA, 16xAF, temporal and adaptive AA. The result is excelent.

It's old of course, the AI isn't perfect but quasi ( at least at par with the best modern sims). This game was from the time that a sim was really a very good and challenge game. Like the old Panzer Elite, my friend: it's yet the best on its type!

Here a link that have a lot of TAW goodies. I know that not every one will find it now to buy or perhaps don't want o try it...but if you have the chance...take it!

It's unique problem: it is set in a modern era, on the Read Sea scenario to be more exactly. But it is the best for a non WWII flight sim choice. Forgive me Falcon players...

Here a link to look in:
http://www.migman.com/ref/1990_combat/TAW/TAW.htm

Cheers,

Rubini.

Last edited by Rubini; 06-13-07 at 04:55 PM.
Rubini is offline   Reply With Quote