View Single Post
Old 09-24-21, 11:48 AM   #1407
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapuc View Post
Monday or Tuesday next week we will know who's going to be your next chancellor.

Markus
No.

Its all about coalition forming, and even the looser can become chancellor. Even secondary people and vice chairmen could become chancellor, theoretically. The chancellor is not directly voted by the population, only parties, and a represnetative for the voting district. The German voting system is very complicated and imo idiotic, and it makes sure the parliment grows and grows. It could become over 900 members htis time. They say even over 1000 is possible. Originally it should be between 500 and 600, and that already is very huge (and costly, since some ministries still maintain offices in former capital, Bonn).

The German parliament is the second biggest in the world, bigger than the eU parliament and second only to the Chinese pseudo parliament.

As I said, a hopelessly idiotic system.

Its bitterly fought over and its complicated this time. It could last well into the next year to form a government, like last time. The next New Years Eve speech maybe still will be held my Merkel. And I am not kidding. In fact I would be surprised if they are done at christmas already. I dont think so. Spring? Summer? Absolutely possible. It was an awful desaster already last time, and the super-lousy governing of the past three years shows it.