View Single Post
Old 09-07-21, 09:50 AM   #178
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

6 April 1942

CENTPAC
Christmas Island was a midget sub base. Don't ask me why. But he sortied a bunch of them from harbor. I destroyed one with depth charges after it scored a hit on one of my destroyers, detonating a magazine and breaking the ship apart. We damaged at least two others. He's also based 4 Nells there, presumably from Lahaina. They don't have access to torpedoes here and their level bombing attacks were ineffective.

3 BB bombarded Pearl again, so at least for now we haven't pulled them south. Maybe we'll get some cruisers.

Java
A slow turn here today. Air battles near Tjepoe took down an Ann bomber for the enemy and 3 fighters and 3 DB-7B bombers for us. We lost track of the KB but it can't be far.

Djokjakarta has been captured.

Thailand
Our bombers spotted and attacked the 38th Division between Raheng and Bangkok. The 38th was responsible for taking Hong Kong and was redeployed to Manila afterward. So, Kinky Boots isn't just pulling enemy troops out of Malaya, but it's taking up troops from the Philippines that should probably be going to Java or Sumatra right now.

This army looks about as strong as my northern prong that it's approaching, so air support is probably what's going to make the difference. So far I've been very successful with my bombers, but his Oscars have been getting the upper hand on my fighters too often. I'm writing these reports a little late, so this decision is being delayed a few days into the "future", but I think I need to pull this army back to Raheng. It's just not worth trying to face this army down--even if I win, it's doubtful a worn-down army is going to be able to take Bangkok or anything else of value. And if I lose, this operation is over. So, better to pull the 38th further north and dig in to freeze it there.

But for now, my army is chasing the defeated Raheng armies south towards the 38th. We attacked and routed them again, inflicting 1110 casualties to our 135.