View Single Post
Old 03-22-06, 11:50 AM   #11
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Jamie,

I have not gone into working ethics, nor have I said your company does not support DW. But I, personally, am not satisfied with your customer support when it comes to a suppoort not centred on being engaged with the community, but repairing things. your presence and many postings cannot compensate for the latter. For over a year and two or three patches the current state with regard to the subs is simply not enough. I have commented on that maneuvering issue in a DW-thread some weeks ago, after 1.03 came out. I see no way for you how you can sell me that as a minor thing. And I was able to see that behavior repeatedly.

I also said that it appears to me that many people outside the DW forum, and outside the subsim.community: usual, "normal" gamers that are potentially interested, are kept away by remembering all by themselves that it took you a very long while to come along with SC, and that tjhis probably does not help you to win back these potential customers that the patching of DW takes even longer.

Do not make this something personal, please. I haven'T attacked neither you personally, nor your idealism. Some people think the patching so far is good enough. I compare it to other patches for other sims there have been, and come to a different opinion. So it goes.

JamesT73J,

what are you talking of, "enjoy my brake from subsim?", and that you did? And concerning the quote, I have not talked on the (higher, btw.) price of DW. And the experiences I had with DW 1.03 are heavily bugged from the first maneuver on, go back, find that thread by my, posted after 1.03, and then tell me that it is no obvious thing. yes I can live with it if not wanting to change depth, trying to hide from an enemy, or combine a turn with a climb or dive. Maybe you consider such severe limits to your freedom of action as irrelevant. I don 'T agree - for me they are showstoppers. As if I could turn the turret in a tank only to one side, and to the other only when I turn the hull as well, making it vulnerabel that way. Or a rally sim with only 20% of wheel movement to one side.

You like DW more than I do. Okay, you have made yourself clear in that. No problem for me. But I never understood why guys like you must make it a personal question if another guy does not share their taste and assessement. And that is basically all your reply is about.

Now, you go and play DW, for whatever your reasons are, and I do something different, for I don't share your view. Is that okay for you now.

Interesting: I made it clear time and again, back at SC, and with DW, that I meant no personal fights and wanted my pointing at broken things understood as constructive criticism, so that these issues receive attention and will be fixed. And time and again I receive slappings from this or that guy accusing me for not being honest or objective. That's exactly what I meant when saying that the DW forum seem to dislike anyone not agreeing on that it is a fanstastic sim. I wonder if that is the reason why quite some names of people who initially were interested in DW last year do not show up there anymore. but however - it is not really my interest anymore, and I find this debate here even more discouraging. So - you go your ways, and I'll go mine, and we better keep it seperate.

And after having expressed before my wish to be left out personally, this is now really the final word from me in this discussion.

Maybe I shut have cut that thread where the first comparison between SBT and DW was voiced by someone and I then even added my opinion to that. But by the rules of the forum, it is not justified.