View Single Post
Old 07-30-16, 07:22 PM   #589
TheGeoff
Planesman

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerikTelorian View Post
Hey Geoff, thanks much for the update. It's looking slick!

EDIT: I don't think this was a bug, actually. I jumped the gun!

I like the nice touches, like radio messages informing you of the world situation and authorizing shipping strikes. Adds some excitement to the hunt.

It would be nice, though, if we could filter out the diplomatic messages so that we don't lose the mission ones. The sheer volume of messages makes it hard to keep track of things.

Will ASW planes continue bombing you forever? One started on me off the coast of Florida and kept going for some time. I bottomed out in the shallows there and just kept being pummeled for 20+ minutes. It might be nice if ASW planes had limited ordinance and would eventually give up to go do something else.
Yeah, I'm starting to think a radio message filter will be necessary - especially when more types of radio messages are added (intel reports, warnings about incoming hostile ships / aircraft, etc). I'll do some experiments and see what works best.

Aircraft currently have unlimited ammunition and fuel so yes, they will continue to bomb you forever at the moment. This should be fairly simple to change so I'll aim to put it in the next update.
TheGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote