View Single Post
Old 06-11-20, 11:15 AM   #4
Onkel Neal
Born to Run Silent

Downloads: 534
Uploads: 224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col7777 View Post
I was on the PC and got a popup in the corner from the BBC News.
It was saying David Beckham (soccer player) was on the TV telling how he is making a fortune daily.
So I clicked on the popup, then I got a BBC News page and it was saying David was on a TV show telling people to get on this quick, it was about the Bitcoin thing, then there was screenshots of people replying thanking him and they were making a small fortune overnight by doing nothing, just letting the Auto Trade run.

Anyway luckily they can't take my money now as my card had been stopped but I'm letting others know just in case they get the popup and like me think it is real.

Edit: Forgot to add, on the fake news page it also said that a few banks phoned the BBC at the moment TV program was on air asking them to stop the broadcast as they didn't want this information getting out, this again influenced me.

Col.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Scammers are getting a lot better at deception these days, this could happen to anyone, even me! I moved into a new house and was ordering all kinds of household items from Amazon, Walmart, Wayfair, etc and getting the usual emails about deliveries and tracking numbers. Normally when I get an email from FedEx, USPS, or UPS, I copy and paste the tracking number from the email into the Fedex and UPS website one at a time. One day I was going along and I just clicked on the link to go directly to the tracking number... nothing happened but I stopped and realized, wth did I just do? I examined the links and nope, not legit, not from Fedex.

I'm almost ready to close all my email accounts!
Onkel Neal is offline   Reply With Quote