View Single Post
Old 02-03-15, 01:18 PM   #3
nsomnia
Weps

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

Starting modelling of SSN-571 today. This post is just a placeholder for the future. Ive got around 300 pictures, 95% from the museum. The museum website also has panoramic virtual tours of the main areas so that will help in getting everything placed right after using high res individual pictures to model each part.
Where to start where to start. The control room seems fun, complicated and work from the center outwards?

Edit: Im starting with the diving valve controls and HPA manifold in the contol room. There is actually little information about this sub since it was the only one in its "class". The manifold system in the conn room seems similar to late WWII class subs, if only I knew the exact systems used on the boat then I could find more pictures on them. The only system we know about is the compasses, the reactor and really thats about it more or less Might be changing my mind about the first sub to model.

She must have used alot of equipment from the Tang class and the Sailfish class must have also.

Edit 2: Well I spent 30 minutes being bored modelling a HPA handle. 1 item down, 10,000 to go. (or who knows, theres so little documentation on this ship)

Got a bit more when I woke up before I take off for an hour the rest of this valve bank will be easy now, fairly low tri count too, might have another modeller on board.

Last edited by nsomnia; 02-04-15 at 12:15 PM.
nsomnia is offline   Reply With Quote