View Single Post
Old 08-26-19, 05:53 AM   #8
ikalugin
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander Wallace View Post
This may be true. However, it does raise the issue as to who would care for the child if the parents themselves are not allowed back in. Further, a child whose parents were not allowed re-entry may grow to adulthood and seek out retribution and retaliate many years later. I believe the U.K is correct in denying entry to former Isis members and their families.
Those children have legal rights. If they are UK citizens (and my assumption is that they are), then in principle they should be allowed back in, unless there is a significant reason to believe that they are a danger to the society (ie if they have a history of being an ISIS operative at the age of 16 for example).
And even then an argument can be made that they should be let back in because they are citizens and if we deny entry to citizens now for this reason we may deny it in future for another (ie for not being progressive enough).

In either case I think that they should face a due process (a trial with the proper appeal process if there is a significant reason to suspect that they are going to be a problem) and not just a slap on by the executive branch.