PanicEnsues
Dev Team

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderWaterGamer View Post
Hello Scott,
might we be expecting a gameplay reveal soon
Per my own schedule, I was supposed to start recording videos about two weeks ago, but I keep finding other things I'd rather work on instead. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Also I am not sure what is your approach to the tech tree of the game. What I mean is do you mean more "realistic" features from the original ? such as mainly the War Time modifications (coning towers, AA, deck guns, radars, new engines and other).
Basically, you start with a bare-bones late-1941 Gato, and can gradually use the tech tree to upgrade it to the level of an end-of-war Balao. I tried to keep the upgrades as realistic as possible; or at make them seem realistic, even if I have to play with their numbers behind the scenes.

I don't currently limit the upgrades by date; once you have the budget and any prerequisites, you can purchase upgrades at any time through the campaign regardless of when they were actually introduced. I have a low-priority task to add that at some point in the future, but I don't know if it will actually happen (that's a very long list).

Quote:
And also a historical campaign with big events being noticable (the different island campaigns, carrier mouvements, Task Forces, etc.).
The campaign is a sequence of 10 war patrols that take place during specific dates throughout the war. They are connected to historical events through:
1) The briefing/mission orders before each patrol;
2) The patrol area being realistic to where U.S. subs were assigned at that time;
3) FOX radio updates from Pearl Harbor of major events that occur, when they occur.

As of now, I don't try to create e.g. actual enemy ships/convoys at the place where they really were at a particular time. Wading into an ongoing battle is also not an option because I don't have any Allied ships/planes in the game; I always remove the possibility of friendly-fire kills in my games because those just suck all the fun out.

Hope that answers your questions! Once I can peel myself away from bug fixes and feature additions, I'll start posting video links here.

-Scott