View Single Post
Old 12-03-20, 08:30 AM   #5725
foo_jam2002
Sailor man

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

So, i am in my 13th patrol, end of 1940, i just got my new sub, the VIIB i think, 12 torpedoes, underwater range to help me stay undetected and it's the first time i have to patrol so far, at the Ireland coasts.

North of Great Britain, i detect my first convoy, 13 cargo ships, 1 destroyer leading them and 1 behind but kind of northward. I line up, measure the speed of one cargo, i do my manual targeting (i should make another post about my way of doing this, as an inexperienced player) and i hit it. As i was going away, i hit another one, one of the last in line cargo ships.

Being happy with the results, i steer clear from there with just 2 knots and silent running on. Well, now it's been maybe 2 days after and i haven't seen a notification about the ships being sunk. Was i so unlucky? Both of them managed to get to a port before they sink? One of them had caught 🔥. Are these one of these unlucky moments or is it a bug? I mean, if you don't keep an eye on the ship that you hit, you don't get the tonnage?

Any thoughts from more experienced players are welcome. Stay safe.
foo_jam2002 is offline   Reply With Quote