Old 05-02-21, 04:43 PM   #1
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3
Default Air Force - SH5 planes pack

Air Force
SH5 planes pack v.1.0

Alaaaaarm! Clear the bridge, close hatch, flood ballast tanks and alle Männer voraus, because Allied air forces have just received some brand new ASW planes. This pack will bring the following planes into SH5:

B-18 Bolo bomber (in two variants: regular B-18A that was used early during Operation Drumbeat and B-18B – dedicated ASW conversion)
Bristol Beaufighter
Lockheed Hudson
Lockheed Ventura
Whitworth Armstrong Whitley
CRDA CANT Z-501
Grumman J2F "Duck"

Additionally, I remodeled stock "Heavy Bomber" fictional plane from vanilla game into what it was meant to represent from the start – Liberator Gr. Mk. III, and provided Coastal Command textures for it and for Boeing B-17 Fortress (B-17 is already included in TwoS, but it is flying for USAAF, when historically it was only used in ASW role by RAF). I also remodeled "Floating Plane" (another fictional plane that Ubisoft used as stand-in for Catalina) to resemble real Catalina (it's still not 100% accurate but close).

I made some modifications to air wings of bases in campaign – nothing drastic (full overhaul would be possible upon completion of Gap's research), just enough to make sure new planes will appear in campaign within historical timeframe.

Download Links/Installation

Version for vanilla SH5:

For non-TWoS players, will work with vanilla SH5 version 1.2. To install, copy it into your mods folder and enable with JGSME.

This version does not include: B-17, TWoS weapons (rockets, Leigh Light etc), and Brazilian/Australian camouflage.

Version for TWoS 2.2.24

Requires TWoS (version 2.2.24) to work . If you use TWoS 2.2.24, just drop mod folder into your TWoS_Parts and enable mod in JGSME.

Credits:

Beaufighter, Whitley, and Ventura models are work of manilov.ap – check out his amazing collection of planes here.

Hudson was converted from Psy06's model created originally for SH3:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=97443

I used SH4 version of this model featured in FotRSU – big thanks to Psy06, s7rikeback & propbeanie for permission to use it and to gap for converting it into easier to edit format. FotRSU version was made by CapnScurvy for his Day of Infamy mod.

Pack includes .dat file of B-17 Fortress from vdr1981's TWoS mod which I had to modify to enable multiple textures.

Grumman J2F "Duck" recon plane was created byTestpilot, and imported to SH5 by Oby - thanks to both Testpilot and Oby for this cool plane.

Special thanks to vdr1981 for fixing controller files of new planes and making sure they are compatible with other TWoS units.

Last edited by kapuhy; 05-09-21 at 04:26 PM.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote