View Single Post
Old 04-02-08, 01:50 PM   #4
Nisgeis
Ocean Warrior

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 11

Hi Peabody, I tried this mission and i have to say I was thoroughly confused about where I should be and I was a complete failure. The orders said return to Pearl harbour, so I thought OK, I'm at Pearl now, so I'll sail to the mission objective. This ended the mission. So that was obviously the wrong thing to do (I did notice it said turn right at the end, and this didn't sound quite right).

So the next time out, I assumed I should be sailing out with the task force, so i did that, then got a message about the hostilities not starting yet, so no shooting. Then i got a message saying the Japanese had invaded Manilla... Then another message saying the US and Japan were not at war, which I realise is a campaign layer thing.

I then sailed to the marked star, and saw Japanese planes that attacked me, then I got a message about the task force not being found and they were expected to attack shortly. At this point, it wasn't clear whether I should return to Pearl harbour, or to remain on station at the rendezvous point. So I decided to sail back to Pearl, with my amazing foresight, I suspected Pearl might be attacked.

So I return to Pearl, being attacked by Japanese planes all the way back and arrived at the mouth of Pearl, to be told that the task force was to the north of me, near Opana, but I have no idea where Opana is, so wasn't sure if I was in the right place. I couldn't find the task force at all.

Were there planes actually attacking Pearl at the time the said they were? I wasn't close enough to see - about 40 miles out and by the time I got there, no one was home.

Could the orders be direct? Ie RETURN TO PEARL IMMEDIATELY. STAY ON STATION. Also, when the message about Opana being the suspected position of the task force, how about a map contact update?
Nisgeis is offline   Reply With Quote