View Single Post
Old 08-07-07, 01:26 PM   #47
minsc_tdp
XO

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by moselgott
I think a chain system is a valuable addition to that. A good use for it would be "open all tubes" (w&q&w&q&w....), but I think it is not usable for selecting singular tubes, because in order to get from tube 6 to tube 1 you would have to say "select tube 5", so that 5 tubes are cycled to reach tube 1. Did I get that right? If yes, I wouldnīt like, but it is likable for other commands though.

Nontheless I couldnīt solve my problem. Why is tube 2 selected when pushing Ctrl+F1? And why is there no possibility to select tubes 1,8,9,10?
First, note that there is already an "open all tubes" command that you could set up if I haven't already added it. And since that's a keystroke that would probably be ideal. The chaining thing will not solve singular tube selection on its own. Having thought about this a lot, here's the only way I think we can handle tubes:

1. First you speak an initialization command such as "recognize 6 tube configuration" or simply "i have 6 tubes". This would set a variable that would help it keep track of how many cycles are needed to reach a given tube.

2. In the config files I would add something like "open tube 1" through "open tube 10" and the "key sequence" would not be a normal one, but rather something special that would instruct the script to first A.) check the current tube configuration, B.) cycle n tubes, open, and stay there (since you usually press Fire right after.) So, if you're on a 10 tube boat and open/fire tube 7, then say open tube 2, it would know to cycle 5 times, since it knows you're on 7, since it put you there initially with an earlier command.

3. It would also need to start with the assumption that all tubes are closed and that it will always control opening and closing of tubes. This way, if you say "open" and it's already open, it won't toggle it and cause it to close.

This not only solves the problem that there doesn't seem to be a way to map a key to these tubes, but it will probably work extremely well, assuming the game reacts to rapid-fire tube cycling (if not, we can always add a delay since this whole command sequence is somewhat special.) The only drawback is that it would require that you never use the mouse or keys to select tubes, or if you do, you'd need to remember to select tube 1 before using the voice command.

Last edited by minsc_tdp; 08-07-07 at 06:36 PM.
minsc_tdp is offline   Reply With Quote