View Single Post
Old 08-19-14, 02:40 AM   #12
Nippelspanner
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

I can only recommend Elite to everyone who is interested in Space and simulations... and things like trading or etc.

For me, Elite is what EVE always should have been.
The latter disappointed me quite a bit because of the terrible, terrible community and some typical MMO limitations (everything is automated, not player-skill based) and the fact that you can't fly your ship yourself - you just select targets and tell your ship "go there, do that!" - which is terribad in my opinion.

However, in Elite, you control it all yourself, which is simply amazing. Be it docking/undocking and later (DLC content) even landing on planets seemlessly and manually and board enemy ships.

Elite also offers a great compromise between MMO and SP, cause you can do both and the game will not be "controlled" by players, groups, corporations etc. but stay in control of the NPC factions and developers, which will prevent bs like you see in EVE, where new players are merely chanceless and literally lost in space compared to those who play for some 10 years and control everything.

Since it is tough to describe this game, this board might answer all your questions and sure made me drool a lot:
http://forums.frontier.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=36
Just go through the stickies, they offer a great amount of details to what is to expect of Elite.

Also, I first thought Star Citizen would have the upper hand in comparison, but the more I read about both games, the happier am I to have picked up Elite and not SC... which we may or may not play in late 2016, you know, where you pay a fortune for ships you can't even really use right now

One reason to buy ED was also the fact that you just have to pay once. Done. No hidden costs, no monthly fees. Pay once, play as long as you like. Just like the good old days.
DLC content won't be free of course, though personally, I happily pay for more content if the game is good. And damn it is.

A longer, detailed introduction: