View Single Post
Old 10-31-16, 12:25 PM   #32
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

All right! Let's register Silent Hunter 4: U-boat Missions. We didn't register it before because we wanted to do the whole shebang at once. Now that Wolves of the Pacific and U-boat Missions are joined and ready to play, lets go ahead and register them.

I show you that I forgot a step. Right-click your desktop link to the game and connect it to sh4.exe, NOT gu.exe. Gu.exe causes mucho problems, especially with heavily modded games. Make it walk the plank!

Then we show how to make a lockbox for your pristeen game installation, with all the unmodified files you need when you get diagnosed with a good dose of mod soup. Yes you can just reinstall the game but with your SH4 Pristeen directory you'll never have to reinstall SH4:UBM again! Ever.

Of course after you make a lockbox, you have to lock it. I show how to lock it much more securely than Windows is capable of.

When you're done, STILL DON'T PLAY THE GAME!

Next, we have to make an installation for FOTRS Ultimate and GFO. Other supermods would work the same. Then we have to enable Large Address Aware for each installation, enable JSGME and use MultiSH4 to make each installation save its games in a different directory. Coming soon to a thread near you!
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote