Old 02-22-21, 02:14 PM   #4
kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain27 View Post
My mission is:
"Patrol area assigned. Reach AN5588 and start operations. Attack any enemy contact"

So I am already in AN5588 and my current tonnage is 56025. I have already sent my status and location to HQ.

I have received a Radio message that I need to keep continue with my mission. However, I did not get anything else.

So now do I need to wait or roam around? I see the "ship sinking" icon still appears near to "Eastern British Coastal". So do I need to sink more ships?
Here's the post from TWoS installation page that explains how campaign and objectives work:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...postcount=3816

In short, objective will be automatically counted as finished when its assigned time runs out. This was to avoid unrealistic system from unmodded game where to progress you had to fulfill some predetermined tonnage/sinking quotas (to put it in another perspective - if Gunther Prien spotted British fleet at sea when on his way to Scapa Flow and sunk a couple battleships, BdU would still be happy even though he didn't technically "complete his objective")
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote