View Single Post
Old 08-31-08, 01:10 PM   #70
Frame57
Sea Lord

Downloads: 2
Uploads: 0

After two and half hitches in the sub service i developed ulcers and had to get out. sad day for me, but i will cherish the time i spent on those boats forever. In combat tactics providing a sub has acheived neutral bouyancy, trim angle is produced by speed and the degree of plane usage. Certainy you blow forward ballast to increase that like when an emergency blow is conducted for example. The critical thing is to either get above or below a layer-fast if a torpedo is in the water. Or even emergency surface if you are gambling on the enemies presets. In Sc I put the Seawolf to a flank bell and ordered a 900 foot depth and the sorry SOB's could only give me a 7 degree down angle and it took me what seemed forever to get to 900 feet. Well the helo sunk my arse rather well. Not too mention that in real life our sonar can estimate the incoming speed and range of a torpedo which we do not have in the game. If I have an incoming torpedo that is within 300 yards I am going to use countermeasures obviously and high speed changes in depth and course.

I had the honor to have some suds with some British Submariners back in 1980. I was envious as they told me they get to have beer on the Sub. I was shocked in a good way and wanted to be a British sub sailor ever since
Frame57 is offline   Reply With Quote