vdr1981
Navy Seal

Downloads: 581
Uploads: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
Hi Capt. Trevally,
glad to see you around!

Whenever you get time for it, please have a look at my considerations and a bunch of questions regarding any future OHII changes possibly addressing the tonnage bar problem:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...&postcount=190

I posted them in the tonnage bar bug thread as the follow up of a conversation I and Vecko started there, but they probably belong more to OH's thread. I am following the whole OHII-tonnage bar discussion with high interest, and I would appreciate any feedback by you as well as by Vecko on my Hamletic doubts.

gap off
Hey Gap,
I read you post but I really wouldn't go that far...I fail to see why do you think that removing tonnage bar will make a player less interested in sinking ships? That bar has never been present in SH series and I never noticed that captains in GWX or OM sail the campaign just for sightseeing...
On the other hand, if someone want to play OHII only for sightseeing, no problems there also. Player's rating will after some time become so low that eventually retirement offer will be displayed at some point and that will be it (any patrol without tonnage will give you 1 negative point)...

Regarding tonnage bar, it is really not "sour grapes" at all, it's thing that distracts players attention to that level that he eventually cant enjoy OHII. Add to that tonnage bur bug and the player will eventually ragequit failing to see that OHII is much more then "sink two ships in Danzing bay"...

Just take look at this guy, he's desperately trying to fill that bar thing... This may be the stock campaign but it's the same with OHII. When player sees half filled bar he is prepared to do all kind of things just to fill it up, not knowing that real carrier progress is depending of completely other things...

Those things are:
Promotional points for the crew - secondary patrol missions, spy infiltration ect...
Points for new equipment - number of sunken ships/tonnage from anywhere in the world
New sub offer - Rating points gained by sinking capital ships and tankers anywhere in the world
vdr1981 is offline   Reply With Quote