View Single Post
Old 06-30-14, 05:57 AM   #1
Pistoliero
Seaman

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0
Default Silent Hunter III steam version and GWX 3.0 gold

Hello there to all good people on forums.

Recently I had purchased SH3 on steam and decided to play this great game again. Also I noted, that GWX is huge improvement from default game and decided to give it a try. Don't have any experience with running SH mods, so I might be doing something wrong, or missing some third party utilites.

What I did - installed SH3 from steam, got torrent download GWX 3.0 gold from their site and installed it.
Overall everything seems working fine, but one issue. As far as I know I am supposed to get some custom briefings and news whats happening in the world. Instead what I am getting is stock SH3 briefing/mission screens (go to grid XX and patrol it for 24 hours).
So I started with VII/XIII flotilla (hope these are right numbers) which starts in Koenigsberg on 1st August 1939. I did not receive any mission but to patrol nearest grid for 1 day. And I do know, that I should be briefed to sink some neutral "target ships" and 2 ship convoy. And here is my problem - how to fix these briefings.

Installed commander 3.2 and GWX 3.0 files for it. Launched the game via commander, but nothing changes. Probably I should alter some options in commander, don't know.

No progress so far, asking for help from anyone willing.
Pistoliero is offline   Reply With Quote