View Single Post
Old 10-21-07, 02:47 PM   #73
Hitman
Pacific Aces Dev Team

Downloads: 109
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Is there any kind of time limit, i.e. what if the ship takes more than 1 minute to pass (say it takes just over a minute and a half to pass...this would suggest a slow speed to me, but the needle would be over on a higher number of the scale (say 5-10kts, when it should be about 2kts.) Wouldn't the range also affect the time/speed relationship? Is there a range limit? also what about AOB--?
Ah I think I understand now

When the ship is slower than the lower limit of the scale, -3,4 and 5 knots respectively for the 100, 150 and 200 metres scales respectively- you will no longer get a correct result, as the needle in the chrono will go past the first 60 seconds into another turn, and will point wrong result in the end. If you see that the needle goes past the lower limit of the scale, disregard the result and pick any number of knots at random below that limit. For your 140 metres ship that should have been abot 2-3 knots.

Also, in the Naval Academy the ships start at zero speed, and then accelerate, so the results will never be accurate enough, as they are correct when constant speed is held.

Hope that clarifies it all