Thread: Discussions
View Single Post
Old 06-15-18, 08:19 PM   #31
kmike76
Sailor man

Downloads: 605
Uploads: 0

Sounds like people are having problems installing with Steam. Or maybe in general? This is a note for FYI purposes:

I originally purchased SH4 1.4 through Amazon-dot-com. The download from their site version, not the DVD. I used that source for this. I installed a clean new copy of SH4 in the C: folder. I then installed KSD II also in the C: folder, but in it's own folder, a completely separate one from the SH4 folder.

Then I copied S4.exe from the SH4 folder to the KSD II folder. I did not try to copy anything else from one folder to the other - from the SH4 folder to the KSD II folder or visa versa. I also patched KSD II with a 4gb app just to be on the safe side (this is not mentioned in the installation instructions, but something I wanted to do).

I bypassed going though the museum and started a career. It worked fine that way. I had a few problems with crashing, so I set compatibility to Windows 7. It has never crashed again. I assume it should work fine in the C: Program Files (x86) folder, too.

I do not know if a person needs the SH4 Steam version to play multi-player. But this way worked for me for playing solo.

Hope this helps somebody.

Last edited by kmike76; 06-15-18 at 10:06 PM.
kmike76 is offline   Reply With Quote