View Single Post
Old 06-30-09, 11:28 AM   #17
alexsmith
Loader

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullethead View Post
No, I just use the term "Dark Gods" as "bad luck".
This explains everything! I probably just cursed...

Quote:
Sorry you don't seem to like it.
This is a problem! If I wouldn't like it - I wouldn't write here

Quote:
When I play the Russians in the campaign, I actually try to avoid battle as much as possible.
This is another problem: to accomplish campaing goal for both side is almost too easy - and too boring This isn't your fault - it's historic condition. Playing for Russian you may only hunt down transports running away from battle - playing for Japanese - destroy Russian cruisers and rest until the end. This is not worth a game At least - this is not worth a $50 I've payed. DG is a battle simulator - what is interesting in avoiding all battles then? If there would be a land fighting - this would be reasonable But in naval simulator the only fun from game is to engage enemy at sea! Doubt it? But in Russian campaing it's a bit complex - unless you found fun killing dozens of DD and TB. There are not too many possibilities for Russians to engage in comparable situation untill second fleet arrives - at the end of game. As for IJN - most of the campaing you also must look at rolling clocks - and wait till PA falls at least...

Actually what I really want to say - the game requires DIFFICULTY lever! At "Novice level" it's quite more easy to hit and destroy enemy, at "Expert level "- it's a trick to survive. Mean level matches historic conditions - like now does. Without it you only may play campaing game no more than couple of times - then it become clear that there is almost only one real strategy for every side - and it's quite boring... Playing again and again the same(!) situation - knowning that there is always only one possible successive way...

Quote:
However, over in the Gamesquad forum, there's a guy named "Double Whisky" who is an expert at fighting fleet actions as the Russians. He's posted a number of AARs of glorious victories in the Yellow Sea and Tsushima Straits. You might want to read some of that.
I will surely! Appreciate.
alexsmith is offline   Reply With Quote