View Single Post
Old 06-03-19, 03:00 PM   #218
areo16
Sonar Guy

Downloads: 64
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fader_Berg View Post
No, I should not. Look. Hsies code is horrible to work with. It's all over the place and he has made many poor design choices. It's too *******ing boring and time consuming to work with. Besides... I don't use many of his patches anyway.

Counterproductive...? I take that as an insult. Do you even know what that word mean? I may possibly have made something that you don't want to use. I use it though. That's pretty much all that matters for me. If any one else wants to use it - fine. If anyone else don't want to use it - perfect. I don't care.

I have given all the code away into the public domain for anyone to fiddle with and to merge with hsies work if that's wanted. How is that counterproductive?! Blame yourself or anyone else that have done nothing in this matter for being counterproductive instead.

D*mn I'm pissed... counterproductive my *ss.

I do sympathize here as concerns to working with other people's code that may not have the same disciplines as yourself, same education or even understanding of design principles.

It's quite frustrating (not to say that either of those developers in question used bad practices as I haven't spent much time looking at the source. I do know however, that working with assembly is so low-level that any design concepts, if they can be applied, that are common with higher level languages can't be applied to assembly.). I'd really hate to design a whole application in assembly to begin with, why not read the byte values in a higher level language and output the modified bytes to executable?
areo16 is offline   Reply With Quote