View Single Post
Old 10-16-14, 10:51 AM   #62
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterICX View Post
Aye, they really should get the campaign down right this time that provides enough dynamic content for both offline and online play and get rid of that idea of the 'unlocks'.

Then still I wonder after BoS, then what?
Will they expand it like the first game adding new theatres and sets of aircraft to fly with?
I'm on a shaky fench as they do things right but they do things wrong and provide unclear directions as to the above so I hope they do get it right after the disaster of CLOD.
If not well, my sympathy for anything branded IL2 Post'46 is...
Honestly, they've got tonnes of Eastern Front content to add as payable aircraft, and after that it's a case of adding in new theatres, probably also Eastern Front, most likely Leningrad and Kursk.

I think everyone had their doubts about the campaign, even before it was released, because of ROFs campaign, likewise the mission editor being as user friendly as the Large Hadron Collider. The fact that these doubts were swiftly realised is the depressing thing, and to add the unlock rubbish on top of that was just insult to injury.
Unfortunately I think that since they're getting closer and closer to their estimated release date that the campaign is something that is 'bolted on', so to speak and is a very last minute affair...and I mean, let's be serious for a moment here, IL2s campaigns out of the box weren't exactly something to write home about.
The biggest problem is one that also faces ROF, user content availability. How easy it is for people to make missions or campaigns for the sim, or even how easy it is for skins and mods...and at the moment, from what I've read, that is a problem that BoS is facing.

Still, we'll see...certainly it's become quite the drama these days has the flightsim genre, someone should make a soap opera out of it.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote