View Single Post
Old 05-01-21, 07:46 AM   #12
VonDos
Admiral

Downloads: 75
Uploads: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff-Groves View Post
I've been brain storming this and may have a way to get the effect.
It's going to take me some time to work it all out but I'm pretty sure it will be good enough!
I'm really curious now let me know when ready

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
Hello,

My idea is to add the third rudder (one of the two small rudders) as a static object (not controlled by the .sim file), but being the child node of the other small rudder (which is controlled by the .sim). In order to keep the own axis of rotation of the child rudder, you have to add to it (the child rudder) a controller called "follow parent" : in it, you allow only the Y rotation (not XYZ translations and not XZ rotations). It should work.

Now there are two small drawbacks :

- if the third rudder is destroyed, then it won't affect the capability of the ship to turn.

- if the parent rudder is destroyed, then the other small rudder (child) will be also destroyed.

I tried your suggested method. I add the third rudder as a child of the second (working) rudder, using coordinates to place it in the right place (different X, same Y and Z), added controller, only Y rotation attivated, but while in 3Ditor the third rudder appear in right place, ingame you can't see it, and if you use the ship's camera, you can see her only from far (i suppose 3rd rudder is finished far from the ship...)
What i'm doing wrong? What coordinates should i assign to 3rd rudder? Node's XYZ, and "default" inside controller.

Best regards,
Vd

Those, others and WIP ships are avaiable in my SHIPYARD here:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=136508
VonDos is offline   Reply With Quote