View Single Post
Old 05-27-16, 03:14 PM   #18
Leo_93
Aviator

Downloads: 134
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkvaderStudios View Post
Hi! I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble connecting. We are making a tutorial on how to connect, but it's not finished yet.

We are also adding feedback messages when something goes wrong with the game. Currently, it just fails silently.

Most likely the cause of the connection failure is that the host is behind a firewall that refuses the connection, or that the client is connecting to the wrong IP.

The IP shown when you click show in the game might be a local address if the host is connected via a router. To find the host IP, the host can go to
https://www.whatismyip.com/

How to let the game through the firewall varies between different operating systems. On windows 10, go to the firewall settings. Then select allow an app or feature through windows firewall. Then find hmsmarulken144 in the list and check the checkbox.

I hope this helps!

/Oscar
Thanks for the quick reply Oscar I appreciate it very much, I was only able to do a partial test as currently my friends are offline, however I was able to connect to myself by running 2 instances of the game one on each monitor I was able to join my own game by using the IP listed in the game and also by using the "localhost" option as well but when I tried using the IP listed by the website I could not join my own game so I guess i'll try to continue using the listed IP as my friend and i have tried doing before (btw thats a nice feature to show the IP of your own computer) but since I'm connecting to myself I'm probably bypassing the firewall issue so that must be it. I'll post again with the result of my next attempt when i try to connect to my friend. I hope i can get it to work as i really look forward to some CO OP submarine operation and its the perfect tool to showcase the game to my friends, what better than an interactive demo that you can play.

PS should we always leave the port as 7777 or would that have to be changed for some reason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onkel Neal View Post
Ok, I am standing by for a crew
IP 199.19.78.115
password: sub
Hey Neal I would love to try and connect to your game, however by now I'm sure I have missed the window in which you were hosting. If you would like to try again sometime this evening say around 7pm central time or perhaps some other time I would be up for it.
Leo_93 is offline   Reply With Quote