View Single Post
Old 06-23-21, 09:23 AM   #191
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

And how to prepare the tomato sauce for pizza? Sauce is wet, and wetness and pizza are practically mutually exclusive. The more wettness there is, the heavier the topping, the more stress for the dough.

I take half a can of the Mutti stuff, mix it with some dried Oregano, Thyme, Rosmary and Basil, some coarse black pepper, salt, stirr it (never an electric mixer, a simpel table fork is sufficient!) - and do not leave it in the pot, but throw it into a very fine metal sieve. Then I leave it there and do nothing, just let it rest with its own weight. The mass starts to drip and looses plenty of water. After some time you no longer have a sauce, but something with the consistency of marmelade, or tomato paste from the tube.

You just need to be very carefull when applicating it onto the dough, so that you do not puncture it.

You concentrate tomato taste this way.

Olive oil I always put on pizza only after baking. Sometimes with and sometimes without garlic in the oil, I use garlic practically only on pizza spinacci, but there in brutal quantity (5 cloves per disc). In the past I put a bit oil into the dough, but I do not do that anymore as well. It makes no diferrence neither in taste nor in consistency, and if it would maky any, then the dough already is dripping with oil and practially will not work too well. It also ruins your stone in no time and makes your kitchen a smoking hellhole. .

Last edited by Skybird; 06-25-21 at 12:55 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote