View Single Post
Old 11-10-07, 10:20 PM   #217
jdkbph
Captain

Downloads: 104
Uploads: 0
Default OK, I'm in!

After reading the thread here I went ahead and downloaded the game. Initial impressions - runs fine on my kit (E6600 @ 3.0 Ghz, o/c'd 8800GTS, etc) and while not spectacular, the visuals work.

After going through all the training missions, 3 things are bothering me:

1. No exact bearing indication for the binocs or more importantly the scope - enough has been said about that already, and hopefully either the dev or the modders will come up with a solution.

2. Limited external views - doesn't seem to be any real reason for it either. The sub models are are all fully developed... just needs some way to move/rotate the TAB view.

3. The mouse and KP arrow key controls for the views are dog slow. I'm sure that somewhere in all those text files - maybe in the userinterface files? - is a setting for rotation speed or sensitivity. Half of it is in German though... makes it hard to pin down.

Have we heard anything from the devs snce release RE a possible patch? I checked out their web site and forums but not much going on there.

JD

PS. to CB and those trying to polish what could very well be a diamond in the rough... don't let the nay-sayers get you down. Those of us interested in actually playing this game appreciate your efforts.

PPS. would it make sense to add a new thread right next to this one where ready for prime time mods could be placed or listed? It's hard to keep track of things with this thread going on 12 pages and sure to grow significantly larger. We'll probably (hopefully) need one for strategy and tactics as well. Just a thought.
jdkbph is offline   Reply With Quote