View Single Post
Old 06-24-21, 10:48 PM   #51
Antanas
Nub

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by derstosstrupp View Post
The edits are incomplete at this time, but when I get back to them I will post here.
Looking forward to that! I have to say though, after finishing my first patrol, while rewarding overall, the crew management during long uneventful voyages to and from the patrol area are a pain. Guess it did make me memorise most of my crew's last names and positions, but still

I have to say, you were right when you wrote "[...] you will know you fulfilled your responsibility to him and your men.". While they are obviously just computer men, there is some sort of pride in leading them, thanks to all that time spent on moving them around. And well, a simple 28-day patrol took me about a week in real life, so it feels great to be finally done with it! We earned some rest!

Also, partly to brag, it was a really succesful patrol, with almost 70k tons of allied shipping sunk beneath the waves. Even after expending all my torpedoes and deck gun shells, I still managed to sink a ship (and a half) just with the flak gun alone. Can only wonder if it had anything to do with the slower, more methodical approach to the game. Guess I'll see how the next one goes!
Antanas is offline   Reply With Quote