Old 09-25-07, 11:56 AM   #134
CB..
Ace of the Deep

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon
That is neat CB.., that is neat!

As noticed earlier there were some serious ambitions behind this game that didn't worked out as expected. There seem to be some unexploited potential in it :hmm:

Looking forward to more of your discoveries.
sorry to quote again but i forgot to ask and it would get lost in the other post..

what i need is some method using code to store the player subs location (in a float?) then recall that information using it to spawn an enemy sub within torpedo range..(using my surprise attack stuff)...

the code can do this i'm positive..but i am a little out of my depth..

as it is the code i have worked out works well but only at the start of the mission as an ambush just out side of port (which was often attempted so i hear)
but i haven't found a way to update the players location and store it (so the sub can be spawned where ever and at what ever point in the mission randomly ..the key being the sub has to spawn within normal torpedo range...as stock you can only spawn vessels at the extreme range allowed by the visability...this gives the player far too much time as he always sees the enemy first...

except in fog..when it's first come first served ...as i have just found out lol....got nailed by a Berberis...whislt trying to decide wether to dive or wait a second it made my mind up for me and blew me out of the water...(another plus for changing weather danger and realism)

your writting your own game engine so thought you ought to be the guy to quiz?
SOF game code is fairly stock VB code so the usual methods should still be at least ball park for the game?

http://www.ebort2.co.uk/

The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

W.B.Yeats
CB.. is offline   Reply With Quote