View Single Post
Old 06-19-13, 02:55 PM   #18
Rosomaha
Loader

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 1

fithah4, look the first post downstairs there is a downloud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red October1984 View Post
I was kinda thinking of the Subsim PT Boat contest and the work that the guys over there have done. If you were planning on a playable Elco....
I guess I misunderstood. An overhaul of an Elco would be pretty...but not necessary.
That's all right. perhaps this is my fault too. I only recently figured out. This topic is more suitable for the section "SH4 ATO Mods", because I was doing everything for SHIV U-Boat missions. Sorry, "I opened the wrong door". I almost brand new up here, my english is bad, I'm not sure what all I write, and all I read - I understand correctly, I'm just learning. But I try to study quickly.

I wanted to make more variety of torpedo boats in SH IV (not controllable player). In addition I wanted to make in game their influence and behavior more approached to the plausible. In a original add-on game everything is very poor with it: having met the PT-boat it is possible to shoot easily it from a deckgun, or if there is no deckgun - to dive and quietly to go away on a depth. It is very boring. While in reality PT-boats could operate against submarines in the coastal areas. they could be armed with the anti-submarine weapons, depth charges, start up torpedoes ... They could arrange more trouble for submarine (player) than it was in the UBM SHIV add-on game. All this I tried to add for PT-boat. In addition to that I was interested to implement a smokescreen effect.

Vosper - is the first result. Unfortunately, I have not tried fashion playable boats in the SH, and I can not imagine what it looks like ( the simulator PT-boat on simulator submarine.?).

I like the torpedo boats. Elco, Higgins, Schnellboot, Mas and others - each interesting - and it would be great to see all the historic types in the game. what will be after Vosper in the next project? - yet I don't know. Probably I will return to this subject and we will continue, but later.

Thank you all for your interest, suggestions, and support!
Best Regards!
Rosomaha is offline   Reply With Quote