View Single Post
Old 06-16-22, 03:43 PM   #570
Molon Labe
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 27
Uploads: 5

23 January 1943
  • A destroyer-minesweeper finally got to work on the rather large minefield I left behind at Babar.
  • I lost a P-40 on the ground at Lashio to a night bombing raid.
  • Major bombing raid on Guadalcanal: 32 B-17s attacking the airbase and 28 B-25/B-26s attacking the port. The airbase sustained moderate damage, the port not so much.

24 January 1943
  • Sweeps by Tojos over Lashio took down another P-40.
  • We lost a B-24 to flak over Canton, trying to soften it up from the troops approaching from Hong Kong.
  • Raided Guadalcanal again, this time there were 12 Zeroes in the air to greet us. We shot down 2 and lost a B-25 to flak. As with yesterday, the airbase took moderate damage but the port isn't getting hurt much.

25 January 1943
  • An enemy army is approaching Lashio in northern Burma, my main remaining base in the country. I don't think we can hold, only delay.
  • Canton has been liberated. Thanks to major roads, we got from Hong Kong to Canton fast. I didn't even realize we were already there and I forgot to switch my forces from "move" mode to "combat" mode, and we automatically shocked attacked due to a river crossing. Didn't matter, just a token force here on defense, just like Hong Kong. And only Level 1 Forts.
    • Between capturing Hong Kong and Canton, we've added a ton of industry that is going to significantly improve the supply situation in China.
  • I'm preparing to make a move on Canton Island. I've lost there before but any troops there will be suffering supply shortages by now. After that I'll be looking at the Marshalls and Marianas.

Last edited by Molon Labe; 06-16-22 at 03:52 PM.
Molon Labe is offline   Reply With Quote