View Single Post
Old 03-08-20, 10:23 AM   #3
Richard.W
Swabbie

Downloads: 70
Uploads: 0

Many thanks for the reply, razark......I checked as you suggested and I had no double folders. I did manage to solve the problem to some extent though.

Updating my NVIDIA drivers was a huge help, lol.

This has all taken me many hours over a couple of weeks (and yes. I know most of you could have done it in a couple of hours, including the download time) but I'm pleased to report that I now have fully working mods on all my Silent Hunter sims.

S.H.3 With the LSH3 Mega Mod.

S.H.4. With TMO

S.H.5. With Wolves of Steel.

The whole process has been a very steep learning curve for me but certainly worth the effort and I do feel a little more confident in working my way around my pc.

One issue is still bothering me though, concerning S.H.4.....

After several attempts, I gave up trying to install FOTRS and tried TMO, which installed and runs just fine......

So, starting with a brand new install of the vanilla game (Ultimate Edition with U.Boat Missions) via either Steam or UPLAY.......Neither of them in the x86 program files and launched/played as stock to register them.....

JSGME goes in without a problem, as does Large Address Aware......Now I can download the FOTRS compressed file easily but once downloaded, do I put the whole thing in the MODS folder and unzip it there?... Do I put the compressed file into the root folder for S.H.4 and unzip it there, in which case, what parts of it do I have to move to the MODS folder?...Or lastly, do I unzip the file in another location and transfer the contents to my S.H.4 folder?
Richard.W is offline   Reply With Quote