Thread: [REL] Dark Waters
View Single Post
Old 08-25-21, 04:56 AM   #1123
easy
Stowaway

Downloads:
Uploads:

To MODDERS and DEMONSTRATERS (youtube) from Silent Hunter IV.

I've noticed it before. Both groups mentioned are extremely knowledgeable. The first group is very enthusiastically improving the game: removing errors, improving historically, improving graphically. In short, the modders have made it one of the best games because of their great knowledge and enthusiasm!

BUT! The submarine school: That's the stepchild... I mean, there's little credit to be gained from that... The school is all so simple, we don't pay much attention to it. The missions, the patrols, etc. that's where the fun is for them, make it better and better.

But that's a wrong thought! The school is the foundation of the game. That should be the focus in the first instance, just like in reality. You must undergo thorough training to operate a submarine. And then the tactics to wage the war…

The MODDERS paid far too little attention to the submarine school.
Just one example of this: In the basic version of SH$ v1.5: After the navigation and another training you have to attack a convoy! How do the designers get it done! The novice has no idea... But the modders don't look at it either!
That's about what I mean...

Now the DEMONSTRATORS.
Also fantastic enthusiasts! They are happy to tell and show you how to play the game. Because they are experts, they ignore the simple things, they rage through the game with great enthusiasm. Assume that everyone understands the abbreviations that are often spoken in very sloppy English. They often completely fail to notice that they have students on the phone... (I mean on the screen, of course) They often don't pay attention to the mouse, for example. Racing the mouse over the screen, the student doesn't know where to look. As a teacher (!) they should be able to place themselves completely in the needs of the student and not in demonstrating their knowledge! Students must learn every facet of the game, no matter how small... That's pedagogy...

In all of the above, no matter how annoying it may be to those addressed, I show how beautiful I think Silent Hunter IV is.