Thread: Climate Change
View Single Post
Old 02-16-10, 04:29 PM   #27
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

IMO most of the anti global warming articles/posts/research/etc, is all politicaly inspired BS from industrial special interest groups who have a vested interest in keeping things status quo. Going green cuts into the profit margins and CEO's golden parachutes. Not to mention peoples natural resistance to change. There's alot that is so much engrained in our society we can't imagine the world differently.

The green movment, IMO was inspired by a bunch of tree hugging hippes. That said, i think they have something resembeling a point, or at the least, cleaning our act up couldn't hurt. As much as i hate the California smog gestapo, i remember how the LA basin looked before they really cracked down and got rid of leaded gasoline. (kinda looked like pictures of Bejing smog back then)

In any event, who's right or wrong doesn't matter to any of us personally and won't effect our lives, because none of us will be around to suffer the consequences if they are indeed real and valid. Your decendants might, but you won't, if thats any comfort.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote