View Single Post
Old 02-28-06, 06:32 PM   #10
Mike 'Red Ocktober' Hense
Commander

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0

Quote:
but the code is scrambled and messy so later it might cause problems
i had to come up with my own engine... Blitz is based on a old form of BASIC programming language... linear, procedural coding... i tried working with it before like that, but just wound up with a mess of speggetti logic that drove me crazy...

so, since BlitzMAX3D isn't out yet, and i was familiar with Blitz and DarkBASIC, i sat down and wrote up am object oriented engine (source code include files) in both, and the Blitz one got done first, so that's why i'm using Blitz3D now... this is the only way i could work with it... now things are humming along smoothly, and code is coming as fast as ever...

i just got off a good session today where i completely ported all the logic that took me months to get working right in 3DRAD, over to a Blitz3D OOP submarine 'class'... (read here--> http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/...hp?topic=56973 )

i've got it turning diving surfacing just like a real sub (well, verry verrrry close anyway)... gonna fisnish testing it tonight, then tommorrow the interiors and the controls and gauges...

--Mike
Mike 'Red Ocktober' Hense is offline   Reply With Quote