Old 07-19-20, 02:59 PM   #168
Cpt.Spoke
Bilge Rat

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJS4000 View Post
ok gents, i just watched it.

it's...ok. if you have no idea about submarine warfare and tactics i gues it's a competent WW2 action flick. everyone else will facepalm pretty hard, pretty often. it also has impressive visuals.

to summarize the movie in one sentence:

if you ever wanted to watch a type vii boat engage in a surface gun duel with a fletcher class DD and a flower class at the same time at literal point blank range - this movie is for you.

-SPOILERS BELOW THIS POINT-

things i learned watching this movie:

-german u boat captains are complete idiots
-they never used their stealthy vessels as intented
-they liberally ignored radio silence protocol all the time to coordinate wolfpack attacks, despite being in visual range of each other
-they happily surface amid convoys
-they drive around during wartime on the surface without a standing watch
-they painted their conning towers with HUGE emblems, making them easier to spot
-they had zero scope discipline
-they would taunt enemy DD captains via radio. in english. ending each message with literal wolf howling.
-fletcher class DDs are incredibly stable plattforms, despite sea state 5 or 6, nobody ever needs to brace anywhere on the ship

and many more that i already forgot. anyway. you can get a quick uboat fix in, but nothing more. i enjoyed it...a bit
"they would taunt enemy DD captains via radio. in english. ending each message with literal wolf howling."

Hahaha, i thought that was really odd too
Cpt.Spoke is offline   Reply With Quote